12/2016 – PRESENT VIPKID, Beijing Da Mi Technology Co., Ltd.
- Taught more than 4,000 classes and maintain a 5/5 rating from parents
- Participated in the VIPKID mentor program, promoting excellence in teaching
9/2015 – 1/2021 HCMC UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES, HCMC, VIETNAM
- Guest lecturer for English For Journalism course, Fall 2020
- Lecturer for Faculty of Journalism and Communication, English For Journalism course, Fall 2017
- Guest lecturer for English For Journalism course, Fall 2015
- Teach news writing and reporting
- Incorporate common core standards into lessons
5/2015 – 3/2016 KOREAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, HCMC
- Taught Korean High School students English and speaking like a native speaker
- Led Saturday newspaper club and advised students on the production of Link, the student newspaper
09/2011- 12/2014 THANH NIEN NEWSPAPER- VIETWEEK
- Marketing Director for in-house promotion
- Created print advertisements
- Proofed editorial and advertising copy
- Account Executive for international clients
09/2011- 5/2015 NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHER, HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM Blake Academy, baenglish.com
Specialties: Business English, American pronunciation
- Private ESL Tutor (more than 1200 hours of private tutoring)
- Taught sixth and seventh grade at Huynh Tan Phat and Nguyen Thi Thap government schools
- Taught business English and facilitated communication between Vietweek and foreign companies
08/2005- 09/2011 Publisher & Owner, COLUMBIA CITY PAPER, LLC
- Wrote monthly investigative features
- Managed advertising sales representatives and annual revenue goals
- Published local newsweekly that reached 70,000 readers each issue
- University of West Florida, Teacher Ready, U.S.A. teacher certification course, August 2015
- University of South Carolina, Columbia S.C., Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications, August 2000
·Awarded Semi-Finalist at 2003 South Carolina Arts Commission Film Festival
·Awarded “Best Performance” at the 2002 Colossal Film Festival
·Selected for the 2000 American Advertising Federation competition
·Received 16 percent of the vote for S.C. House of Representatives in November 2000 election
Letters of reference:
October 21, 2020To Whom it May Concern:Please accept this letter as my recommendation of Mr. Paul Blake for any education-related positions for which he might apply at your institution.I have had the pleasure of working with Mr. Blake during his tenure as a guest lecturer for our English for Journalism course at Ho Chi Minh University of Social Sciences and Humanities.I am thoroughly impressed by Mr. Blake’s dedication and enthusiasm to the subject, as well as his commitment to the students and the mission of our institution.Of Mr. Blake’s many qualities and unique skill set, I believe you will find him above all an individual of great integrity and diligence. Again, I highly recommend Mr. Blake without qualification and am confident your organization’s mission will be successfully maintained from his service.Please do not hesitate to contact me about Mr. Blake.Sincerely yours,Triệu Thanh LêUniversity of Humanities and Social SciencesVice Dean, Faculty of Journalism and Communication
August 30, 2018
DEAR SIR OR MADAM,
I unequivocally recommend Mr. Paul Blake for an English teaching position. As to my credentials, I am the former program manager of the South Carolina SmartState Program, a multi-billion-dollar economic development academic research program; I am currently an academic program manager for the University of South Carolina. My education background includes ancient languages, and I have also worked as an editor for major media organizations. Thus, I believe I am qualified to judge another person’s general language skills.
I have known Mr. Blake for approximately one decade. I met him in his capacity as the owner and editor of a weekly newspaper in Columbia, South Carolina. We have remained in regular contact during the past few years in which he has lived in Asia, speaking several times per week by telephone. We have also visited personally during his return trips to the United States.
Mr. Blake has an extraordinary talent for marketing and IT development, in addition to his general organizational and editorial skills. I am aware that he has taught English as a second language for the past several years. I have no doubt but that these schools at which he taught would provide glowing references of his abilities and skills, as well as his dedication to his students. In truth, I know of no person who has more resourcefulness, deliberateness and perseverance than Mr. Blake.
Also, not every person is equipped to live an expatriate life; Mr. Blake has proven himself in this manner over the past few years, adapting to the customs of his host countries. He would make an honorable representative of the United States serving at your language center. Mr. Blake will rise to the occasion of any assignment, I assure you. I UNRESERVEDLY recommend Mr. Blake.
1001 True Street Columbia, SC 29209