Based on feedback from current students and interest in American accent training, Friday’s conversation class will now include pronunciation drills and American accent training.
Our current students will receive a workbook to review and record their efforts for later practice and review.
Conversation class will include these elements and pronunciation drills moving forward:
- The dialects of North American English vowel sounds and combinations
- Syllable stress placement and intonation
- Consonant stops and continuances
- Voiceless stops versus voiced stops
- Pronunciation drills with common variations of verb endings
- Listening practice outside the classroom with assigned tasks based on the individual student’s needs
- Common contractions and pronunciation practice
- Summary of some important speech aspects
- Pitch patterns in questions and declarative sentences
- Practicing stress, pitch, linking, and reductions
(Fridays 6p.m. to 7:30 p.m. 800,000VND per month (6 hours)
Adults and 14+)